This is something that has been coming up for almost every client of mine of late. They seem to be lacking that self-love, care and appreciation they so truly deserve. Yes, I know it is difficult to put this into practice, but we have to at least try.
Self – love, is the love you give yourself on a daily basis, it is the respect you deserve and caring for ones own happiness and wellbeing.
Self – care, this is being proactive and actually partaking in the practices that will make you feel better and healthier.
Self – appreciation, this the kindness and care that you give others, but you also give this to yourself. You appreciate and acknowledge how far you have come, what you have done and don’t take yourself for granted.
Below are a few tips to try and get us all back on track with that love, care and appreciation we should all have for ourselves.
- Gratitude, be grateful for yourself, others, what you have, your job, anything that you feel deserves your gratitude! Say thank you to yourself for all you do for you, your family and friends and anyone you know
- Own and enforce your personal power, this is about living life intentionally with a sense of purpose and optimism
- Confidence, be confident in who you are and what your beliefs are
- Movement, this can be a walk down the road, on the beach or through a park, get that body moving
- Do something you enjoy, obviously within moderation if necessary, but don’t cut the enjoyment out of life through regimented routines, where and when possible
- Take 5, this can be longer than 5mins off course, but take time out each day and if its only 5mins then that’s ok, appreciate and enjoy those 5mins
- Affirmations, say something loving and positive to yourself. Say it at least once a day and more when needed
- Ask for help, if you need some help, ask for it. A problem shared is a problem halved
- Don’t rush, try not to rush everything. Eat slower, move slower and rest when needed
- Do something nice for yourself, ANYTHING, whatever makes you happy
- Don’t take yourself so seriously, have a laugh, have a dance, play a game. Do it!