What is it?
Craniosacral therapy (CST) is a gentle, non-invasive modality that seeks to find restrictions through the body systems. It supports the Central Nervous System so the body can self-correct and heal naturally.
Who does it?
Our very own Massage Therapist, Veronica Plej is specially trained in CST and will be able to help anyone interested in utilising this amazing technique.
Who can benefit from it?
Everyone! Babies are especially important to get checked, but all children and adults will benefit greatly from this therapy treatment.
Craniosacral Therapy is an effect in a wide range of both acute and chronic issues which include:
- Chronic back and neck pain (chiropractic and craniosacral treatment complement each other)
- General musculoskeletal pain
- TMJ dysfunction
- Post dental work
- Visual disturbance
- CNS disorders
- Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Neurovascular and immune disorders
- Hormonal imbalances
- Stress and tension problems
- Emotional Trauma
Craniosacral Therapy for Babies and Children
Common reasons to seek CST for children/babies include:
- Difficult birth – long labour during the pushing stage, caesarean birth, ventouse or forceps delivery
- Breastfeeding challenges/latching issues
- Tongue or lip tie
- Fussy, hard to soothe babies
- Infant tends to only turn to one side
- Sleeping concerns
- Misshapen head – bumps or ridges
- Digestive issues including colic, reflux and constipation
Craniosacral Therapy for Older Children
In older children the following issues can be helped with CST:
- TMJ syndrome
- Learning challenges
- Auditory and sensory processing disorders
- Speech and language development
- Gross and fine motor skill development
- Seizure disorders
- Anxiety (self-regulation dysfunction)
- Chronic ear infection